Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Easter

Easter has become one of my favorite holidays.  I am not religious and I don't believe a man actually rose from the dead.  I like the holiday because it was the first one Drew and I got to spend together way back in 2005.

D&L's first Easter 2005
Drew had to work until late Saturday night this year.  I was to pick him up at the airport at 8:30 PM, which was fine with me because I needed to stop at work and do a few quick things to prepare to for an early Monday morning field trip. 

Unfortunately, he didn't land until 1:10 AM.  I got more work done than planned.

On Easter morning he hunted for his Easter baskets over coffee. Then we rode bikes to Fiddler's Elbow for brunch before gathering the mountain bikes for a real, if short, ride on BST.  We saw several friends out enjoying the wonderful weather and spring blooms.

Disclosure: this picture was taken last week, not actually on Easter, but you get the idea.
 Then home to cook the turkey I had brined using this recipe.

Had to use something heavy to hold the turkey down.  What does a geologist have around that is heavy? A cobble of Little Cottonwood stock quartz monzonite! 


While the turkey was roasting, we colored eggs.




Then our friend Monique came over and we toasted to spring and friendship and ate juicy delicious turkey (the best I have ever made, and that includes all three turkeys) with Monique's strawberry rhubarb crisp for dessert.

Easter is definitely one of my favorite holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a fun weekend despite Drew's late arrival! Love the wildflower pics :)

    ReplyDelete