Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fireplace #4



We worked on the fireplace a bunch more this weekend. Yesterday, Drew and I got about a third of the surfaces free from the wretched paint. Today, I rented an electric jackhammer again to remove the mauve pink tile and try to salvage the old original tile on the hearth. It took four hours of hammering, but mauve is no more (hallelujah!!!!), and I was able to pry up 32 intact hearth tiles. We might try to incorporate them into the new surround. The first picture shows before the jackhammer; the second is our mostly complete demo picture.

The video is me gettin' jiggy with the jackhammer. I think I say, "So, going to take off some pink mauve tile!". And, no, I do not accidentally hit the ceiling, it just appears that way.

1 comment:

  1. You go!!! Way to kick that tile butt!! It reminds me of when I rented a tiller by myself and tilled my outside garden in the 100 degree heat of the day! Ahh, good times...

    ReplyDelete