Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yogurt on the brain


I made yogurt on Friday. I like making yogurt. Since I rarely cook and hardly ever clean house, it gives me a sense of providing for my family. What! That is bull, but I do like making it because I know what went into it and it reduces our waste stream by keeping approximately 260 of those little plastic cups out of the world each year. I make it from milk, which we get from a home delivery service which uses reusable and recyclable polycarbonate bottles. I usually use Mountain High low-fat plain yogurt as a starter, so I end up buying that about once a month. That comes in one big quart container, which we use for paint containers.
Drew has not completely warmed up to the idea of growing cultures in our kitchen. I wonder if he would eat cheese if I made it?

No comments:

Post a Comment