Sunday, July 1, 2012

Birthweek

I know all my faithful readers are waiting with baited breath for posts about my life-changing river trip down the Grand Canyon in early June, but I'm still working on those posts.  For now, just wanted to get some pics up from birthweek.

Four days after I returned from the GC trip was my birthday.  I figured that there was no way anything could compare to the excitement and fun of the river trip, but, thanks to my awesome husband and sweet friends, I had a really great birthday.

On birthday eve, I went on a ladies' ride with the ROXX weekly rides.  What is better that riding with your homegirls?


Cake, that's what.  Drew planned, prepared for, and hosted a little get together at our house after the ride.  There was cake,



singing, and dancing (well, only by me while friends sang Happy Birthday to me).


It was a fun little party of bike friends to help me celebrate #42.


 On actual birthday, it was all about what I wanted to do, so we started the day by biking to Eggs in the City, one of our favorite breakfast places.


With sustenance, I was able to focus on opening all the nice presents sent and brought by my friends and family.
 Notice the dominance of a certain beverage?  You all know me so well!
I have to show a picture of the adorable mama pig and piglet that my mom sent me.
 Aw, ain't that cute.

Next on Lucy's day, I chose to focus on one last big remaining home addition project.  We still have one mantel and tile surround to build for the fireplace in our new family room/office.  Drew was a good sport while I tried to visualize size and shape for a mantel.


We went to a tile store and found tile we both liked, but when we got it home, the choice seemed wrong, so we are back to the drawing board.  At least we have a better idea of what we want now.

After tile time, we went hiking in the Wasatch Mountains up Mill B north fork trail.



Beautiful scenery and a nice change of exercise from our usual bike bike bike.  We didn't make the ridgeline though because hunger for pizza forced us to head for a newish restaurant we've been meaning to try: Boardwalk.

Pretty tasty pizza pie is a good way to end a fabulous birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment