Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another Day at the Office

   Another day at the office for me.  Actually I just finished up 6 days at the office.  Over the past few months I have been quiet on the Blog front and Lucy has had to carry on for both of us.  With checkrides, new work procedures to learn, and a crazy home improvement schedule back at the hacienda I have found little extra time to hunt and peck on the keyboard.

  Let me start back with musing about my work schedule.  Last Friday I headed off to work for two three day trips back to back.  The thought of ping ponging back and forth across the United States several times during my 6 days was a bit tiring.  On the first day of my trip I checked in at the pilot lounge in Oakland CA and met my copilot.  I was amazed at how similar we looked and wondered if anyone had confused us before on the flight roster.

 
Me and the First Officer meet on day one in Oakland CA


The first day of our trip took me over to Philadelphia PA.  The next day during my time on the ground I was able to connect with my parents for a short visit.  It is always wonderful to see them and they make a huge effort to take the train in to the city and visit.  We had a wonderful lunch and walked around the Reading Market and City Hall before I had to head off to the airport for my flight to Los Angeles CA.  Flying back to Los Angeles we chased the setting sun.

Flying the Boeing 737 can be pretty complicated, but we have two computers on our desk that help us get through the day.

The next few days I spent flying around the Midwest.  We worked our way back to the East Coast for a quick visit in Washington DC and then zigged and zagged our way back to Oakland CA.  Some times the weather cooperated and sometimes we had to work around thunderstorms that are starting to pop up in the afternoons.  The past 6 days were long, but the views from the office, as usual, were spectacular.
Cloud Surfing somewhere over Minneapolis MN

Working around thunderstorms in the Chicago area

Views of the Colorado Rockies

As the summer progresses I will try and post more and keep it short and to the point. For now I will leave you with these pictures. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great view! That would make it all worth it to me!

    ReplyDelete