Friday, September 17, 2010

State Fair 2010

We've been absolutely up to our necks in trying to get the house done, but I bought discount tickets to the State Fair last month, and we could not let them go to waste (Scottish!) .  We took a few hours to experience the Utah State Fair.

We saw my friend Elena's blue-ribbon winning painting

And of course the animals

 

as usual. But there were some nice surprises this year like a cool activity center for kids 

called "Super Science: Family Fun With Physics" that was well attended.  I was trying to be the beer-swilling roll-model scientist in this picture.

Another great addition to the fair, or should I say subtraction, was that the whole event went smoke free except in designated smoking areas, which were uninviting and not well attended.
Some things I really love about Utah!

We topped off the night with a stroll along the midway

and a look at the butter sculpture.

It was a nice little break for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment