Monday, May 8, 2017

Ireland Day 7: Hike and stone circle May 8, 2017

On Day 7 we walked around the town of Killarney a little, taking in a beautiful church. 




Then we did a nice hike in Killarney National Park

Ross Castle is in the park. We did not go in.




But it was still impressive from the outside.


Nice day for a hike with good views!






We motored on to Kenmare. 







Interesting petrol station offerings.

Kenmare is a cute town with lots of shops.



But what I wanted to see was the Kenmare Stone Circle.


It just fascinates me thinking about why the stones were arranged this way. What were the ancient ones doing here?

Cool.

Our destination for the night was Cork in County Cork. This is likely the county my ancestors lived in. Hopefully we would find some trace of them.




Checked into our lovely B&B and grabbed some dinner and a drink.


I'm sure my ancestors were not drinking Rhubarb Tart IPA.



No comments:

Post a Comment