Friday, October 3, 2008

The Moose is Loose




We saw two moose, up close! Since today was the only day I would see Drew over the course of 11 days, I took the day off from work so we could play. Not only did we have a great ride up in Park City, but we saw two moose. We were coming down John's Trail, in and of itself a great time, made all the more beautiful by the bright yellow aspens, when Drew noticed two moose off the side of the trail. There was a bull with BIG antlers and probably a cow, I guess. In the photo the bull is on the left and you can kind of see his rack. The cow is the dark patch a little farther away on the right. They were only about 30 to 40 feet from us, and they did not appear at all bothered by our presence, so we stopped and watched for quite a while. The bull even made little grunting noises, and Drew claims he could smell them, although my nostirls were burned by Drew's sweaty jersey smell. J/K. Really, really cool. What a lucky sighting.
The little blurry picture is my accidental picture I snapped as I was falling down while trying to take a picture of the fall colors. That is the closest we'll get to an action shot of me for a while probably. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment